- nitrile, rubber or neoprene gloves-1 pair per test
- goggles or safety glasses
- a water tight jar and lid (one per test)
- paint thinner -an ounce or so per test, add enough to generously immerse the dry sealant
- single edged razor blade or straight edge. A flat head screwdriver works just fine.
- disposable cleaning wipes
- cat litter to dispose of the test sample
According to the State of New York, left over solvents like this should be disposed of in the following manner:
If the solvents must be disposed immediately, then very small amounts (less than one cup) of nonhalogenated solvents can be evaporated by mixing the solvent with an absorbent and leaving the solvent mixture outdoors. When the absorbent is fully dried, it should be wrapped in a plastic bag and placed with other trash. This should be done carefully so that children or animals cannot come into contact with the chemical. Always ensure proper ventilation when evaporating solvents.Let me know how this works for you.